Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lingo - Part II

After my last post, many people reminded me of a lot I had left out. So here comes part II of the lingo

Globe - Anything and everything under the sun. It is never pertaining to anything specific and the same answer may be applicable to more than one question. Its the thing you never need to prepare for, i.e. it is just 'phattebaazi'

Geela - It is the term given to people who go ga-ga over any and every girl (really sorry if I offend anyone :P). These people go that extra mile to be in the good books of girls and never refuse any request that may come their way from that side.

Hoosh - It is the way IIMB people celebrate the success or share the happiness of others. It is a ceremony that is common across campuses all over the country and may be known as GPL or Bumps elsewhere.

L^2 - An IIMB specific term. Its the place where all the 'future managers and leaders'(its what we are told to everywhere) like to celebrate. It is the spot where everything from the famous L^2 parties to the hooshing sessions take place. In short - IT ROCKS

RG - Its the phenomenon that that plagues the entire student section. This is the thing that leads to the crab effect - i.e. if you cant go up, pull the others down. RG is Relative Grading. But honestly speaking, I havn't seen too much its effect yet and hope I dont see it anytime soon.

Macha - This is what people call each other around here. A typical south Indian way of calling people. Its like we call people 'yaar' in the north.

I guess I am not missing out on anything now. I think now that I've started writing again, you can hear from me more often. Cheers!!!!!!

No comments: