Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The last week in office

Last week was a hectic one for me. Returning from Mumbai from my cousin's marriage, I had to complete all the formalities of exiting from the company in a span of five days - right from giving my resignation to getting my relieving letter. It wasn't too much of trouble because I had the support of my manager and my lead who were nice enough to help me complete the formalities smoothly.

I was able to complete all the formalities in time by Friday and the best part was the exit interview I had in which I again spoke out all the things which I had been saying all year round. It just feels nice to have things off your chest once in a while.

I really liked the part where my team officially gifted mt a watch and my project team (i.e only Raju and Abhinand) gifted me a parker pen set. It was really nice and I really felt very good. Apart from the time I was busy completing the formalities, most of my time in the week was spent chatting with office friends. Even on the final day, we had a sort of photo session for memories sake. I have really made some very good friends in my one year in office.

After I left office for the final time, I had a sort of a hollow feeling.I knew I was leaving for something that would take me to a better place in the future. It was not the 'I am officially berozgaar>' or 'Suck ya office guys' kinds of feeling. Maybe it was because I had really enjoyed my life in my company. Every place has some positives and some negatives. I feel that you should take the negatives in your stride constantly trying whatever you can to improve them but not become too whiny. You've always got to enjoy the positives you get and that I eel is the key to a happy life.

Now as I sit at my home doing literally nothing except meeting a couple of college friends one day, I feel that I need to have something to do because even a week of having nothing to do is very boring. I am sure the IIM-Bangalore people would never let me have that feeling for the next two years but I am really sure that its going to be one hell of a journey that I will enjoy to the fullest.

I would write a couple of things on some issues next as there is nothing else going on in my life. The next personal post would be after I get to IIM. Till then enjoy my views on IMPORTANT NATIONAL ISSUES NEXT.
Cheers!!!!!!!

3 comments:

deepb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pingabong said...

this post, thought it doesn't discuss your affair with the girl two cubicles to you left, is still much better than the ones on national issues.
I liked it, and yeah you will do awesomely in IIM B.

Kris said...

yes really looking forward to the inside story of iim bangalore now :) jaldi join kar and fir se blogging shuru kar...