Sunday, June 1, 2008

Gosh!! Is it one year already

It was a nice evening. It had just stopped raining. There was a cool breeze blowing across and I could just see the sun about to set at the horizon. I was in a very contemplating mood as I was thinking about the question my friend Paras posted on our group's googlegroup about how the past one year in the jobs has been and my first reaction to that post was "Shit, is that already that long".

Most of the replies others posted could be summarised as 'Life Sucks' and 'I hate my job'. All the people wrote that they miss college and they miss friends but I guess that was college and everybody needs to realize that job is a completely different piece of cake. This is the harsh reality of this world. You have to suck it up and move on.

Actually, even for me, life has not been like I had imagined it to be. But again, I never had a clear vision of how it should have been. The only thing I had in mind was that I wanted to something I really enjoyed but is there any 'job' in this world I would enjoy doing. Is there such a job for me? Probably Not.

I've spent the majority of last year staring for long hours at the computer screen. There's not much to write about when you are in a software company. Working for long hours when there is a project deadline and having no work at all during the other times is a very common thing. When it becomes too frustrating, the only way to vent out your anger is criticizing the software industry and how its is turning humans into robots or the HR policies of the company over the multiple coffee sessions(I guess in a public sector firm that would convert to criticizing the government and the laid-back attitude of the public sector).

I speak for myself when I say that I am a very lazy person inherently and any kind of job would be a hardship for me. Whatever amount of time I would work would be for money to secure my present and future (any maybe my future family). I just don't believe in a work that I would enjoy. But I know that I would have to constantly give my best if I want to be really successful and that is what I would aim to do in my career.

What I believe is that job would always be a part of my life. So, if I want to enjoy my life, I would have to keep all me my near and dear ones close to me as they are really the people who make your lives worth living. So, friends, keep the bonds of your friendship strong as this is what you would really cherish in the long run.

1 comment:

iknalos said...

Most of the things are true for any kind of job....
But a job or any kind of "money earnings activity"[i mean only the legal ones :)] occupies a large part of ones time and efforts.
And the only way to be happy is to love what you do; and for that you have to choose what you love. [No, I haven't heard Steve Jobs :)]